Friday 10 January 2014

Magazine Front Cover Step 2

click to enlarge
Here above you can see my next step of my magazine front cover. This is the surrounding areas minus the picture and another little details. This has moved on since my last post which was the magazine plan. I have tried to focus my magazine cover around this however this may change when the picture has been put in as certain words or pictures might get moved. I have chosen to use one font throughout as the research I have looked at have only used two colours throughout the page on there font. So therefore I have tried to replicate it on my magazine cover but with two different colours. Also in the Empire magazine they have only used one font. So therefore I have used this throughout mine. Next I have placed two pictures either side of where my main picture is going to be. This is done to show other important content that is inside the magazine. The Empire magazine has done this also. At the top of my magazine I have placed my fonts in different sizes. I have done this on the Bafta story at the top so the main films are mentioned on the front however the films that have been nominated the most are in larger font so they stand out to the others as they are the best according to these nominations. Finally the price, month of issue and website has been placed in the middle of the M. This is because looking at several Empire magazines the places of this content has varied throughout the issues and their is no definitive place for it therefore I thought this was the right place as there was no other space and I thought it would stand out a little being in a place a little unusual.

All of the above have been done so I can follow the connotations of a real Empire magazine and therefore hopefully this is right because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment