Friday 7 February 2014

Magazine Front Cover Step 6

 Above is the sixth step of my magazine cover. After feedback from the teachers and students they felt that the main character/image was hidden too much therefore I have kept the most important stuff and pushed it to one side. As the briefcase is the main talking point then this needs to be seen and clear to the audience. From my research you can see below a couple of Empire magazines which have there main image to one side like mine.

As you can see both have there main image/character to one side. There is some writing on them or over them however I wanted to keep mine clear so the audience could see the setting and the main image within my film trailer which is the main character and the briefcase.


I have brought my main characters head in front of the masthead. I have done this as on other magazine front covers  they have the character in front of the masthead so I have been influenced by my research. An example is below.
 
As you can see from the main image Spider man's head is in front of the Empire masthead. This is also the same for the Empire magazine with Batman on the front as his head also goes over the top of the Empire masthead. This is so the main image is not blocked and is the main stand out, vocal point of the magazine.
 
I have also changed the font colour to red, yellow and white. The red and white looks good however the Yellow looks a bit iffy so therefore I may change this if my teachers think that it is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment